There is still much work to be done by the Governor Of Abia State, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, who has been scrupulously carrying out his task to Develop Aba, the commercial hub of the State as well as the SMEs Capital of Nigeria.
The Ohanku Road in Aba has been Flooded for Over 12 Years now as claimed by a Facebook User, Chucks Wisdom Cee, and the Current administration seems to be doing very little to change the status quo.
Read what Chucks Wisdom Cee Posted on Facebook...
WHAT OHANKU, THE ROAD THAT LEADS TO ENYIMBA STADIUM ABA LOOKS LIKE AFTER YESTERDAY'S RAIN
I decided to take a tour to Ohanku Road, home to over 10% of the entire Aba population, one of the few roads that lead to the Popular New Market as well as The Enyimba Township Stadium and the level of Infrastructural decay here was simply unbelievable.
The residents of Ohanku hardly own or drive private cars round the year as the roads wont allow not to mention the incessant attacks by hoodlums who use the area as hideout for their operations due to its inaccessible state.
The city of Aba had just experienced the third downpour in 2017 and the Road has already been deserted as usual with all hopes on the next dry season later this year.
Lets look at some amazing facts about Ohanku Road;
1. Ohanku Road is home to over 10% of Aba Population
2. The Road is an alternative route to Portharcourt, Rivers State which can be effectively utilized to decongest the Express way.
3. The Road leads to the home of Former Minister of Labor and Productivity, Chief Emeka Wogu (Pictured)
4. Ohanku Road also Leads to the Home of the Chairman, Ugwunagbo LGA, Chief Eze Sam Nwanganga
5. In Ohanku, one of the numerous domestic markets in Aba, The Iheorji Market where food as well as Aba Made products are sold thereby generating revenue for the state.
6. The FADAMA palm plantation project, one of the largest in the area (although abandoned) is located somewhere in Ohanku.
And many more....
The Question now remains, What has the People of Ohanku Road in Aba done to Be denied motorable road for the past 12 Years?
These Pictures Say it all...
See Photos below:http://mynaijainfo.com/2017/03/aba-sorr ... a-stadium/