Great tips for Starting A Web Hosting Company

Website design and development, management of forums, blogs, wikis, and all sorts of websites.

22 people like this topic, 28 people dislike this topic

wikinaira

Great tips for Starting A Web Hosting Company

Postby wikinaira » Fri May 01, 2015 12:01 pm

Starting a web hosting company could in fact be so much fun , and also exciting as well . To me , the troubles make it fun , and I clearly love running my webhosting company , HostAlhaji . Here are various guide that I’ve realized , that I’ll reveal to other webhost owners , and also ones that may be interested in setting up a web hosting company . I later sold my domain hostalhaji on Flippa , I will keep my reason on another thread ,

First of all , I’ll start off with a phrase that I learned from a book I read :

Your Money = HARD WORK + TIME

Exactly what that means , is that it’ll take on a lot of work and time for you to become successful in webhosting . I recommend that you don’t invest any money on advertising ( just yet ) . The basis for this is , you’ll be putting more money into your online business than you are getting out of it . The fundamental key to web hosting is patience , and certainly , I’ll admit , I’ve tried my hardest to stay composed , and I’ve been more productive .

Free Hosting

Don’t offer many free hosting accounts . Basically , people seeking free web hosting don’t have the money to get hosting , and they won’t pay if you all of a sudden bill them . Not in this Nigeria , You can offer free accounts , be sure that you mind your resources . You don’t want a free client to make use of 25% of your entire disk space , do you ? Ensure you are putting the proper constraints in place . Also be Quite sure you will be dealing with load of spam from guys hosting fake bank , Fake shipping , Mailer and Other Script for Fraud and other malicious Activities when you are open to Free Hosting .

Billing Software

Whether it be WHMCS , ClientExec , Blesta ,  or otherwise , ensure that you make the right choice . For many who constantly change from software programs to another software applications , you’ll technically show that you may be “unstable” , and you would have clients curious as to why you are doing constant changes .

Listen to your Clients

One criteria to being successful in my perspective , is to take time to pay attention to your customers . Open a message board , email your clients , and find out their opinions on how to improve and make them happy , as well as you . Don’t change back and forth all of the time , but try to listen to your customer base , and see their input .

Care for your Customers

The motive is , if you care for your customers , more will generally show up . This includes support ticket response time for those who have a ticketing system in place . My basic rule , is to try to answer all support tickets within twenty four hours .

Purchase SSL

SSL stands for Secured Socket Layer , which is usually represented by a padlock when you pay a visit to a website .It is a monthly expense , but , it’ll prove that you care about your customers security , and it allows them a risk-free way to make payments , making everybody safe !

Use a Server That is Perfect for you and Your Clients

Within my eyes , the speed that your main webhosting site loads , will reflect on your guests and prospective clients . If you were to visit a host with a slower website , would you choose to host with them ? Make sure that you find a server whose specifications suit your needs . If you have overselling turned on , be sure to keep a close look on your resources . Higher uptimes will keep your subscribers happy , and will generate more reviews , which increase your guest to client ratio .

I don't try to make my presence to be noticed, I only strive to make my absence to be felt http://www.wikinaira.com
personpikin

Re: Great tips for Starting A Web Hosting Company

Postby personpikin » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:21 pm

Good

Return to “Webmaster”